I’m Deirdre Shesgreen, a foreign affairs reporter for USA TODAY. My latest story exposes new details about China’s mass internment of the Uyghurs, based on a trove of secret documents and never-seen-before photographs. AMA!

EDIT: That's all the time I have for questions today. Thank you to all for the great conversation! - Deirdre

Hi everyone. My name is Deirdre Shesgreen. I covered foreign policy and national security issues for USA TODAY, writing about everything from Ukraine to Afghanistan. My most recent reporting centers on China’s mass internment of the Uyghurs, and it’s based on a trove of exclusive documents shared with me from an expert on this issue. The documents include secret speeches attributed to two high-level Communist Party officials and thousands of photographs of detainees in Xinjiang, the region in northwest China where many Uyghurs live. The new material provides an unprecedented look at what experts say is a slow-motion genocide. AMA!

Related links:

PROOF: https://i.redd.it/mgtw9geytm191.jpg

submitted by /u/usatoday
[link] [comments]

Source: https://ift.tt/Lavkpig

Comments