Woman hit during altercation over mask mandate in Perth

A woman was left with chipped teeth and a concussion after a disagreement in a Perth nail salon over COVID-19 mandates.

Jill Sheehan was allegedly attacked after asking the woman next to her to wear a mask at the salon in Wanneroo Shopping Centre on Sunday.

Masks are still mandatory indoors in Western Australia.

READ MORE: NSW and Victoria expected to end isolation for household COVID-19 contacts

A woman was left with a concussion after a brawl broke out in a Perth shopping centre nail salon over a disagreement about COVID-19 mandates.

"I asked her if she'd put her mask on, and she said 'who are you?'" Ms Sheehan told 9News.

"'I'll spit on you', she said. I said you spit on me and I'll do you for assault.

"And that was it. She just went for me."

The mother-of-two was punched in the face repeatedly.

Salon staff immediately called police, who say as well as the concussion Ms Sheehan suffered bruising, cuts, and chipped teeth.

READ MORE: COVID-19 vaccines go to waste as rollout stalls

Tensions spilled over at a nail salon in the Wanneroo Shopping Centre in Perth when a woman asked the lady sitting next to her to wear a mask.

Ms Sheehan said it was important to her to confront the woman about not wearing a mask.

"I'm immune compromised and I've got an immune compromised father with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease," she said.

A 19-year-old woman was arrested over the attack and charged with assault occasioning bodily harm.

She is set to face court next month.



Source: https://ift.tt/KoBY6qX

Comments